In a world that is fast-paced, noisy, and always on-the-go, there are countless distractions that get in the way of a person’s ability to concentrate. These diversions and interruptions constantly compete for our attention, making it increasingly difficult to focus on learning, solve complex problems, remember past events, make new plans, even accomplish routine tasks.
For athletes, in particular, the ability to be completely “in the zone” is critical to achieving peak performance at every level of their game.
There are many factors that influence a person’s ability to stay focused. These would include the usual suspects such as preoccupation with social media and gadgets, too much multi-tasking, high levels of stress and anxiety, lack of sleep, and more importantly, poor nutrition.
Natural ways to improve brain function
When experiencing frequent distractions or a general feeling of lethargy, lots of busy people would habitually reach out for a chemical-based energy drinks loaded with caffeine, or grab a snack that’s high fats, carbohydrates and processed sugar, but with little or no nutritional value.
None of one of these quick fixes can provide any long-term gains in terms of mental clarity, alertness, and improved brain function.
How can we boost cognitive function the natural way?
- Get enough sleep. We can’t say this often enough but studies have shown, time and again, that sleep plays a vital role in improving memory, focus, and concentration. The optimum sleep range is 7-8 hours; anything more or less than this could lead to impaired cognitive brain function, or the ability to think and make sound judgments.
- Manage stress levels. Learn how to take breaks in between long stretches of physical or mental activity. Be aware of your stress levels and develop your own personal approach to healthy relaxation and tension release. Some people find meditation or yoga highly beneficial to maintaining a sense of mind-body balance. Find what works for you.
- Identify and avoid time wasters. Recognize activities that habitually take your attention away from the task at hand and literally drains your energy. Studies have shown that each time you get distracted and focus your attention on something new, the brain consumes a certain amount of glucose and other metabolic resources. So the more these resources are used on trivial or unnecessary activities, the less energy there is left for the more important or urgent tasks — often resulting in less productivity and poor performance.
- Get your heart pumping. Research shows that regular aerobic exercise can boost the size of the hippocampus, the area of the brain that regulates learning, motivation, emotion, and short-term memory.
- Add brain food to your diet. A low-carb diet is usually recommended for improving mental acuity. Eating foods high in carbohydrates or consuming large quantities of processed foods can cause massive spikes in your blood sugar and consequently lead to brain fog, lethargy, or distraction. To improve and heighten your cognitive function, add some brain-boosting natural ingredients to your diet such as garlic, eggs, green leafy vegetables, wild salmon, nuts, blueberries, tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Take natural supplements. For people with busy lifestyles, getting the right amount of daily nutrients from food alone can be difficult. To be able to give the brain all the fuel it needs for optimal performance, millions of people around the world have added nutritional supplements like Focus to their daily health regimen.
Premium gaming supplement for mental focus, memory and alertness
Focus is a premium natural supplement made from carefully selected herbs and medicinal plant extracts that have been observed to work synergistically in enhancing cognitive functions and promoting healthier responses to stress.
It includes highly prized botanical ingredients such as:
- Ashwagandha – An ancient medicinal herb that has been scientifically proven to normalize cortisol levels and effectively reduce stress. In addition, this Ayurvedic staple has also been associated with better memory, improved immune function, reduced inflammation, increased energy, and anti-aging properties.
- Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom – A natural nootropic, Lion’s Mane is also referred to as the “smart mushroom” because of its widely recognized ability to support cognitive brain function, as well as to induce a more balanced mood and a healthier gut.
- Bacopa monnieri – Another nootropic herb that has been widely used through the ages, Bacopa monnieri improves cognitive function, relieves anxiety, and promotes an overall sense of vitality. Studies have shown its efficacy in enhancing memory and attention, reducing stress and depression, and increasing mental sharpness.
- Rhodiola rosea root powder – Known for its adaptogenic properties, among the prized benefits of Rhodiola rosea is its ability to reduce fatigue and exhaustion during prolonged stressful situations. Used as a dietary supplement, it enhances the natural resistance of the body to both physical and mental pressure. It can increase endurance, improve focus and attention, and help fight the adverse effects of aging.
Fuel your brain with nature’s own powerhouse of ingredients in Focus — for mental clarity, sustained focus, mood stability, and crash-free energy!