Athletes and students have long understood the benefits of nootropic supplements on brain function, but do they transfer to gaming?
Benefits of Nootropics for Gaming
Nootropics have become increasingly popular over the last several years, primarily among students who want to take advantage of improved cognitive functioning and higher concentration levels to improve their academic performance and athletes, who seek to improve their attention, motivation, and multitasking.
Due to the incredible advances in technology and processor speeds, it’s not just video games that have evolved to be played at a much higher pace than the old-school games. Game players themselves have switched their focus to nootropics and smart drugs for such benefits as:
- Attention and focus – Crucial if you want to thrive in today’s fast-paced games, especially multiplayer action titles like Call of Duty. You can’t let yourself get distracted or allow your mind to wander.
- Creativity – Sometimes in-game you have to think on your feet and make life or death decisions. An enhanced state of mind creates innovative thinking to overcome obstacles quickly and clearly.
- Mental Energy – Chugging Monster Energy 24s all night is two steps forward, one step back my friend. What comes up must come down. Yes, gaming can be demanding, but why suffer the crash later if you don’t need to?
- Strategic Thinking – Problem-solving, and reflection are essential to thrive in the modern gaming world. The player who taps into their knowledge bank and memory before making a logical choice is the one more likely to win against those whose fuel is emotion.
- Stress Resistance – We can all get a bit worked up when gaming, and we can’t always win. This stress affects not just our body but our mind so it’s a huge plus that some nootropics have been shown to reduce oxidative stress and improve brain health.