As the modern world becomes more stressful and competitive, more people are turning to this particular nootropic for focus, and they’re not just gamers.
Who Uses Nootropics?
Cognitive enhancers have been gaining ground with gamers for some time now as a safe, legal, and effective way to maximize performance, both with bedroom amateurs to professional eSports gamers. Both camps play for long periods of time, honing their skills, and would do anything to win the game.
Soon it became clear that the days of caffeine tablets, energy drinks, prescription drugs, and their long-term side effects were over, and natural nootropic supplements and smart drugs have become the substances of choice for gamers.
With nootropics having such transferable benefits, they would be wasted on just gamers. That’s why the combination of powerful ingredients in Focus can benefit anyone that doesn’t want to feel tired, but instead, boost their mental performance with a healthier brain.
What’s in Focus?
Focus is a custom blend of focus-enhancing nutrients that contain powerful antioxidants and adaptogens. Carefully formulated to target nervous energy and restlessness without a crash, this unique supplement provides clarity and improves focus and concentration without costing the earth. This dynamic supplement also improves the brain’s response to burnout and stress.
- Alpha GPC – Full name: Alpha-glycerophosphocholine. Known to improve mood and boost mental energy, this choline source has been found to enhance cognitive function, increase mental clarity and prevent cognitive decline. Preclinical studies showed its potential to improve memory by it producing the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Alpha GPC optimizes the brain and encourages the growth of new brain cells.
- Ashwagandha – revered across Asia for several thousand years, this adaptogenic herb is known for its many mental and physical benefits. Shown to improve cognitive function and learning ability while enhancing memory, this natural tonic has also been heralded as an effective supplement for boosting information processing speed. Ashwagandha has also been shown to have a positive effect on anxiety, while also improving the body’s stress response by regulating the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis – which moderates your stress hormones.
Ashwagandha can also counter insomnia that can often come with stress, improving sleep quality and as such the focus required the following day.
- Lion’s Mane – this edible mushroom, also known as Hericium Erinaceus, hedgehog mushroom, houtou, and Yamabushitake, has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Shown to improve brain function and mood, it may help in the prevention of dementia due to the presence of erinacines and hericenones which stimulate the growth of brain cells. The anti-inflammatory properties of Lion’s Mane can also aid in the reduction of the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Studies have revealed improvements in hippocampus function; the area of the brain that processes learning and memories.
- Bacopa Monnieri – is another adaptogen, revered for thousands of years in traditional Indian medicine. Also known as Water Hyssop, it has been shown to significantly improve the speed of visual information processing and the processing of memories. This powerful herb can also help to protect the brain from age-related cognitive decline by supporting healthy nerves and countering oxidative stress.
- Rhodiola Rosea – this flowering herb from the mountains of Asia and Europe is also known as the “Arctic root”, “Golden root”, “King’s crown” or “Roseroot”. This adaptogen contains over 140 compounds thought to assist in reducing emotional stress.
Taken as a tea for millennia, Rhodiola Rosea has been heralded as a stress buster due to its calming effects. Animal studies revealed that it could improve learning and memory function, increase brain function and improve mood levels.
- L-theanine – an amino acid found in green and black tea and some mushrooms. Research has shown that it seems to have neuroprotective effects, improving brain function and mental health.
It has also been noted for its ability to improve attention and focus, as well as reaction times. Often taken with caffeine to boost the benefit, L-theanine can increase alertness while inducing calm.
- Pterostilbene – a naturally derived and powerful polyphenol antioxidant that can be found in blueberries, grapes, and peanuts. Animal studies have revealed that pterostilbene can help protect the brain against degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s by reversing cognitive decline.
Like Alpha-GLC, pterostilbene has also been shown to increase acetylcholine levels which improve memory and help prevent memory loss.
Nootropics for Students
Most students have felt the pressure of assignment deadlines, studying for exams, and writing coursework, and as such have taken something to boost their alertness and focus. The abuse of coffee, caffeine tablets, energy drinks, and even illegal drugs like cocaine and speed, as well as prescription drugs meant for ADHD and narcolepsy, has been widely documented. As is the natural law of “what goes up must come down”.
- is natural and contains no stimulants
- can counter the release of cortisol – the stress hormone
- bring the benefits of increased alertness and improved cognitive function without the crash
- can also support dopamine function – which influences cognitive function and mood
Low dopamine levels can result in addiction, aggression, depression, high blood pressure, and Parkinson’s disease. Mood is everything – it can influence what you take in (and more importantly how you take it in and process it) as well as your performance on the day and your relationships. Having a PMA – Positive Mental Attitude will make you more likely to get the results you want, just as being a cynical grump will make you less likely to achieve your dreams of good grades and beyond.
Nootropics for Professionals
Our working day has transformed remarkably over the last 30 years since the dawn of the internet. We used to go to work, deal with work then leave it behind until the next day. Now our work follows us everywhere on our phones and devices; never-ending emails, notifications, and projects due, all while we try to salvage that precious free time that runs out for everyone eventually. Coffee has always been the stimulant of choice for working professionals. Still, the recent explosion of coffee culture has created an even greater addiction and reliance, with several cups a day being the norm.
Too many working parents and other professionals are at their laptops during dinner or movie time, convincing themselves and their loved ones that it’s just this one email, or 5 more minutes when the truth is it will never end and can end up damaging you and your family unless you manage it better.
- provides the alertness and focus of coffee without the jitters and impending crash
- can reduce stress and induces calm by buffering cortisol reactions so we can do the work
- helps us to think more creatively about projects and problems
- supports dopamine – improving motivation and mood throughout the day
- improves our focus and ability to multitask under pressure
- clears the mind and promotes mental clarity
- boosts motivation and energy levels – improving production
Nootropics for New Parent Focus
Unless wealthy, our modern world requires both parents to work and as such, creates too many plates to spin. One of the biggest issues new parents face is lack of sleep and the build-up of stress that causes. From the beginning of the pregnancy through to birth and the postpartum chapter, lack of sleep and the ensuing brain fog or ‘baby brain’ are incredibly frustrating and exhausting. This is caused by inflammation of the nerve tissue, so a nootropic that can reduce said inflammation and allow the brain to operate more clearly is most definitely a game-changer.
- enhance the clarity of mind and focus so we can handle our children’s needs under pressure
- decrease stress levels and increase calm by lowering cortisol production
- reduce the risk of low mood and irritability by supporting dopamine levels
- help us feel capable and confident in handling whatever is thrown at us
- aid with the improvement of memory storage and recall
- increase energy levels, countering the mental and physical exhaustion that parenting can bring
Nootropics for Athletes
The abuse of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) has always been an issue in professional sports. Keen to be at the top of their game; athletes, their coaches, and investors are constantly searching for new ways to be at the top of their game and beat their competition.
Speed in decision-making and multitasking is crucial in MMA for example. A high “fight IQ” and the ability to think several steps ahead, like in chess, is required to counter the multitude of problems thrown by a highly trained opponent, who has no doubt spent time analyzing your previous performances.
- improve mental clarity and focus
- increase calm and reduce stress levels, especially when fatigued, by lowering cortisol production
- help us to think and process visual information faster which improves hand-eye coordination
- support higher intensity workouts and the demands of competition
- enhance willpower and motivation that improves endurance and performance
Nootropics for Artists
Artists have experimented with substances in the hope of improving their creativity since the dawn of time, and continue to this day. While no longer as taboo as in previous days, this discussion is still one of controversy. The mind of an artist requires good memory, focus, and creativity so it’s natural that nootropics are becoming more popular.
To excel in their field artists must practice their craft, so the prospect of taking something natural, safe, and effective to boost productivity is a no-brainer. Good painters require the skill of attention to detail as well as patience and a calm focus, making nootropics an intelligent choice for their projects. Good actors and singers need to remember their lines and not let nerves get the best of them.
- boost creativity and production levels
- lower stress levels and induce calm and a more prosperous headspace
- generate Alpha brainwaves for clearer thinking
- reduce anxiety and nervousness ahead of a performance
- improve motivation – crucial if a long-term project
It really doesn’t matter who you are or what you do; we all have a brain that controls the majority of our essential functions. Given the choice of either a foggy and slow brain or a clear-thinking, high-performance brain with greater attention spans, the vast majority of us would easily choose the latter.
You don’t have to be an athlete, an artist, a new parent, a professional, or a student; everyone can benefit from having a healthy brain running at peak performance. Focus is the perfect all-in-one supplement that boosts your cognitive function while nourishing your brain.